Environmental Complaints

The Environmental Division responds to a wide range of complaints, including solid waste, housing, toxic and hazardous waste, facility sanitation, foodborne illness, occupational health, and general nuisance conditions through investigations or referrals to other agencies. An individual may register a complaint or report a foodborne illness with the Environmental Division by telephone (309) 837-9951 ext 2000, mail, email at mchd@mchdept.com, or in person, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Names of complainants are confidential.