Public Health Administrator
The central Illinois county of McDonough is seeking a full-time Public Health Administrator to oversee its public health department. This community is in a rural part of the state and is the home of Western Illinois University. The position oversees all agency business including fiscal, personnel, and health programs, and to provide quality public health services to citizens of McDonough County and the surrounding area. This position also oversees and acts as the Administrator for the Schuyler County Health Department. This position requires excellent leadership; communication skills; knowledge of and experience with grants-federal, state, and local; finance and budgeting; computer skills; ability to manage a professional staff and the ability to work independently and collaboratively. This is a challenging and rewarding position which focuses on improving the health of these rural communities.
Responsibilities include (see also job description):
- Writing and managing federal, state, and local grants
- Developing and managing an annual budget, present budget to board for approval
- Collaborating with state and community agencies, the County Board, news media, and citizens of the county
- Apprising the Board of Health of department activities, plans, and concerns
- Keeping up to date on new practices and programs in public health
- Hiring, training, and firing staff as needed according to department policy
- Serving as the HIPAA and FOIA officers
- Other duties assigned by the Board of Health
1) A master’s degree in public health from a college or university accredited by the North Central Association or other regional, nationally-recognized accrediting agency and two years of full-time administrative experience in public health;
2) A graduate degree in a related field from a college or university accredited by the North Central Association or other regional, nationally-recognized accrediting agency, which may include but shall not be limited to a master’s degree in public administration, nursing, environmental health, community health, health education, and two years of full-time administrative experience in public health; or
3) A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the North Central Association or other regional, nationally-recognized accrediting agency, and four years of full-time administrative experience, of which at least two years must be in public health.
Credentials must be submitted to the Illinois Department of Public Health for approval.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Resumes and Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications are available online or at the front desk. Please submit application, cover letter, and resume to Kathy Cleer, McDonough County Health Department Business Office Manager/CFO, at KCleer@mchdept.com or 505 E. Jackson St., Macomb, IL 61455.
The McDonough County Health Departments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, or disability are encouraged to apply.
FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE POSITION
Immediate opening for a full-time Registered Nurse in the McDonough County Health Department Community Health Division. Program areas may include WIC, Communicable Diseases, IL Breast and Cervical Cancer, STD, Immunizations, Vaccine for Children, Wellness Clinic, TB, Smoke-free Illinois, Emergency Preparedness and Health Education. Four-day work week in the office, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Thursday; 36 hours per week. Some travel, weekend, holiday and evenings hours may be required. In addition, on-call hours when necessary. Experience helpful but is not necessary. Benefits package. Must be a team player and have reliable transportation. Strong verbal and written communication are a must.
Applications and resumes will be accepted until job is filled. Review of applications and interviews will begin immediately. Applications and the complete job description are available online or at the McDonough County Health Department. Applications and resumes can be emailed or mailed to the McDonough County Health Department, Attn: Kerri Allen RN, Interim Administrator at 505 E. Jackson St., Macomb, IL 61455 or KAllen@mchdept.com.
The McDonough County Health Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, or disability are encouraged to apply.